Sunday, December 11, 2016

Days #11 & 12: Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th December

This weekend has been a write off.

My friend's funeral, multiple blood tests and doctor appointments, and computer problems (I'm typing this up on my phone, since my computer is A PIECE OF CRAP!!! But I digress).

ACTIONS TAKEN:
Saturday: Re-listened to Comixlaunch podcast episode #57 - Filled out the Patreon Survey mentioned at the end of that episode (I can't remember if I did it the first time around, but doing it again with the lessons I've learned this week in mind was a good exercise).

Sunday: Re-listened to Comixlaunch podcast episode #58 - Looked at the pledge action suggested at the end of the podcast. Asked to come up with potential rewards for $1, $5, $10, $20, and $100 pledge levels. I did realise that my Patreon is already (almost) set up like that. But regardless, here's my reworked pledge levels:

$1 Pledge:
Official patron status. This means you'll get access to my patron-only blog feed with behind the scenes art and whatnot, including seeing the finished page before it gets posted on the webcomic web site. Not to mention you'll have my undying love and appreciation.

$5 Pledge:
Same as $1, plus you'll get an email link to buy my latest comic before it goes on sale to the general public. Plus an exclusive variant edition of every new comic book that comes out! FREE!

$10 Pledge:
Same as $5, plus every year on your birthday, I'll send you a signed script of whatever comic is currently on sale. Plus an exclusive variant edition of every new comic book that comes out! FREE!

$25 Pledge:
Same as $10, plus every year on your birthday, I'll send a T-shirt with a Big Tim's Funny Books character on it. Plus an exclusive variant edition of every new comic book that comes out! FREE!

$100 Pledge:
Same as $25, plus you will appear in my current comic as a hero, villain, or monster. And this won't be a throw away character in one panel and never seen again. You'll go down in history as one of Cthulhu Williams' or KnockaroundGuy's friends, foes or informants.

RESULTS: Again, because I'm not actively pimping stuff, the results aren't changing - 11 patrons = $79 per month.

AFTER-THOUGHTS: It's been a rough weekend. Saturday was my mate's funeral so there wasn't much time or motivation for work. But I slipped a quick-nonaction-action in by listening to the podcast. Managed to do that is the waiting room of the doctor's. Health isn't great and was told to get some blood tests. By the time I left the doctor the Pathology Lab was closed and I was told to come back on Sunday morning.

Sunday, I was set up to smash out some homework (As well as a full-time job, juggling four kids, making comics and rehearsing to play Uncle Fester in Addams Family: The Musical early next year, I'm also doing an immersive screenwriting course), do my 30 day diary, and write some comics.

I got up, had a little breakfast and went got some blood sucked out of my body. When I got home I spent hours trying to get my computer working again. Interrupted by a phone call. It was the Pathology Lab. They needed me to come down so they could take more blood. Apparently they had an accident with my samples and needed more. More needles, more blood. 

Got home again, computer is still a piece of crap. So, went to bed with a pen and paper and listened to the podcast making notes.

Again, what I'm hearing is I need to build a following outside of my Patreon to make this thing work. I need to research my local and interstate cons and how much they cost.

It's been a whirlwind weekend of shit. But even though I didn't get done a lot of the stuff I needed done, I'm taking this Patreon thing seriously so made sure I at least did some non-action actions.

Oh and once I get the webcomic up and going, I'll probably change my pledge levels as listed above. Except I dunno how I can make that $100 level work. I need to think about that more.

No comments:

Post a Comment