Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Day #6: Monday 5th December

Back to the day job. Back to the daily grind. This is what I did for my Patreon today...


ACTION TAKEN: Today I did an exclusive post up for my Patreon backers. I put up a page of my artist Ahmed's pencils and the same page done with inks. Thought it may be cool for people to see this stuff. I always love seeing the progress. But then I posted it on my Twitter accounts (again, no Facebook because for some reason their share function is ugly right now). I know that people can't see the preview image when I'm posting a Patreons-Only post, but hoping it will stir up a little interest.


Second thing I did was hunt through Facebook groups for pin-up artists for my next comic. I posted on the groups I'm a member of and to give people more of an idea of who the character is I want drawn, I left my Patreon page link. Again, hopefully these guys will come to see the preview panels and like what they see and maybe pledge.


RESULTS: Again, 0% growth. 11 patrons = $79 per month


AFTER THOUGHTS: Today I did two small actions. Smart? I hope so, but feels too much like attempted trickery. I don't like it. I just want to get my stuff in front of the people who will like my stuff. And I understand I have to get it out there or those people will never see it, but I don't like the trickery of today's activities.


On to day #7, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment