Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Day #1: Wednesday 30th November 2016

Jesus, it's been a long day. And I was considering putting this off until tomorrow, but... here we are.

Work today was insane. Crazy insane. Everything that could have gone wrong did (except Godzilla. I'm expecting him tomorrow). It's been a long year and I'm tired. But I'm trying to do shit I like, so...

Yesterday after committing to doing this thing, I found out my friend died in a car accident a couple days ago. Now, I dunno if this is healthy but keeping busy is going to see me try to not focus on the negative stuff. I'm taking time to deal with it, but I don't want to spiral. So, I did my first day's action...

I've already done a lot of the suggestions people are making for launching a Patreon. Mine has already been going a few months.

Action: Sent an email out to my email list. My current list (thanks to some online pimping and doing a comics festival on the weekend) is 67 subscribers. I basically ran through my experience of attending the Impact Comics Festival for the first time, and discussed winning a $500 grant for another one of my comic characters; Bones: The Echidna-Man! Including some character design stuff for the series' bad guy (or more accurately, bad gal). In the email I also brought hop my Patreon page and tried to pimp it a little.
I also posted a reminder on my Facebook Competition Event page. I'm randomly drawing three people ti win a t-shirt from everyone who signs up for my email list. This Facebook event has been going on for two weeks and ends in two days (again, stuff I already planned and put into action before deciding to complete this challenge).

Results: My current following is 11 = $79. So the planned increase at this point is 0%

Now I'm tired and need to sleep. See you tomorrow.

Bones: The Echidna-Man

No comments:

Post a Comment